Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cardz TV "Mom's the Word" Blog Hop day 2

Welcome back to day 2 of our blog hop!  I know several of my design team sisters have made more than one project for this hop too so you will want to make sure to visit each of the blogs again (if time allows, of course) to see their creations.  I made another mother's day card, this time for my mother-in-law.  It is a flower pot card which I am sure many of you have made before but if not there is a great tutorial at Splitcoaststampers along with a gallery of photos to get your creative juices flowing.  My card was made using a file from the Silhouette store by Lori Whitlock but I believe you can also buy the svg version on her website.  Now I have to say that for some strange reason I made this card rather large!  It is 81/2 inches tall when put together.  I will blame it on the "super moon" last nite - thus I made a "super-card", LOL!!  Thankfully my mother-in-law lives in town and I can give this to her in person:-)


I used a sentiment from Cardz TV stamp set "It's All about You" and cut the frame out with cricut cartridge "Elegant Edges".  I used some hand dyed crinkle ribbon made with smooch spritz along with liquid pearls, buttons and twine from the twinery to finish the look.

Don't forget about my blog candy HERE.  And remember the Cardz TV blog candy HERE.  Have a great rest of your weekend my friends - I really appreciate you taking time to stop by my blog today:-)

18 comments:

  1. wow! this is beautiful!! love the design and all of the color! you took great pictures, too..something I need help with! lol have a great day!
    hugs,
    hl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! i love the faux stitching and the embossing!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flower pot card beautiful flowers. thanks for the link to a video showing how to make I had not seen before
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card love the flowers and their colors. Thanks for giving a link to the site to make this card I had never seen one done
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nicole. Love all the flowers and colors. Also love the ribbon. I'll have to try the smooch on some of my ribbon. Great job!

    Anne :)
    anmatt1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and beautiful card. Love the embossing on the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice card
    Pat
    Plweir1969@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card TFS
    nana 5604 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite cards to make.

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your shaped card.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww now this is my favorite. I love the different flowers and embossing. So cute TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it love it love it! have to make one of these cards....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really bright and cheerful! She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love it!!! Nothing wrong with a big card!!! The flowers are beautiful!! You need to visit my blog..........:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just gorgeous! Isn't the cameo amazing? Thank you for entering the cameo creations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Nicole!!! I saw this on FB... but this card is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the patterns and texture. Fabulous job my friend =) And thanks for playing along with us at Cameo Creations!

    Lots of Love,
    Ana Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card!! Thank you for playing along with us at Cameo Creations!

    Kristy
    http://scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete