Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shabby Chic Stamp Co DT day

It is my design team day for Shabby Chic Stamp company and I tried to be a bit more "shabby chic" for my project. I added some lace from the fabric store and I think the rough edges of my paper (I am burning through my paper trimmer blades faster than I like:-) add a "vintage" look too, LOL!  As for my coloring well - I began my crafting as a stamper way before copics and the gamsol technique were big names in the industry.  I would love to own some nice alcohol based markers but at the moment I am working with what I have - crayolas and a couple of prisma colored markers.  I don't have odorless mineral spirits (yet) so I tried baby oil instead.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first time using this technique.  I would love your feedback especially those of you who have been working with this medium for awhile.  
The image stamp is from the "mother and child" set and the sentiment inside the card is from the "greetings" set.  This could make a cute mother's day card but I am going to use it as a card for my youngest daughter as she is a blonde:-)  Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget that right now all of the stamps at Shabby Chic Stamp Co are 50% off.



3 comments:

  1. So Pretty. That image is adorable.

    Hugs,
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!!! I started out with Prisma Colored Pencils and mineral spirits, so I would be no help with Crayolas and baby oil. But I'm telling ya that your coloring looks great!! Love the lace and flower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. on that stamp is so adorable...I think you did a great job for your first time. Karen

    ReplyDelete